1. Limitation of liability
The contents of this website have been created with the greatest possible care. However, IB FELLOWS assumes no liability for the correctness, completeness or relevance of the contents provided. Use of the contents of the website is at the user's own risk. Contributions marked by name reflect the opinion of the respective author and not necessarily the opinion of IB FELLOWS. Mere use of the provider's website does not establish any contractual relationship between the user and the provider.
2. External links
This website contains links to third-party websites ("external links"). These websites are subject to the liability of the respective operators. IB FELLOWS evaluated the external links for possible legal infringements the first time they were linked. At that time, no legal violations were apparent. IB FELLOWS has no influence whatsoever on the current or future design and content of the external links and the utilisation of external links does not imply that the provider agrees with or condones the content of the reference or link provided. IB FELLOWS cannot be reasonably expected to constantly evaluate the external links without concrete evidence of legal infringements. However, if we become aware of any legal infringements, such external links will be deleted immediately.
3. Copyrights and ancillary copyrights
The contents published on this website are subject to German copyright and ancillary copyright law. Any use not permitted by German copyright and ancillary copyright law requires the prior written consent of IB FELLOWS or the respective copyright holder. This applies in particular to duplication, editing, translation, storage, processing or reproduction of contents in databases or other electronic media and systems. Contents and rights of third parties are marked as such. The unauthorised duplication or passing on of individual contents or complete pages is prohibited and subject to prosecution. Any production of copies and downloads is restricted solely to personal, private and non-commercial use. The presentation of this website via external sources is permitted only with prior written permission.
5. Applicable law
The legal information on this website, as well as all questions and disputes in connection with this website, are subject to the laws of the Federal Republic of Germany.
1. Name and contact details of the controller and the company data protection officer:
Martina Gruß-Kilian, email@example.com
This data protection information applies to data processing by:
M. Gruß-Kilian, IB FELLOWS GmbH, Neue Rothofstr. 17-19, 60313 Frankfurt a. Main, Germany
2. Collection and storage of personal data as well as type and purpose of their use
When you visit our websites www.ibfellows.de or www.ibfellows.com, the browser on your device automatically sends information to the website server. This information is temporarily stored in a so-called log file. The following information is recorded without your intervention and stored until it is automatically deleted:
- IP address of the requesting computer;
- Date and time of access;
- Name and URL of the retrieved file;
- Website from which the website is accessed (referrer URL);
- the browser used and, if applicable, the operating system of your computer as well as the name of your access provider.
The mentioned data will be processed by us for the following purposes:
- Ensuring a smooth connection to the website;
- Ensuring comfortable use of our website;
- Evaluation of system security and stability; as well as
- Other administrative purposes.
The legal basis for data processing is Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f GDPR. Our legitimate interest for data collection follows from the purposes listed above. Under no circumstances do we use the data collected for the purpose of drawing conclusions about you personally.
3. Information disclosure
Your personal data will not be transmitted to third parties for purposes other than those listed below.
We will only pass on your personal data to third parties if:
- You have given your express consent pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. a) GDPR;
- The disclosure pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 f) GDPR is necessary to establish, exercise or defend legal claims and there is no reason to assume that such interests are overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms;
- A legal obligation exists for the data transfer pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. c) GDPR; and
- The date transfer is legally permissible and is necessary for the performance of a contract with you in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. b) GDPR
Information is stored in the cookie that results in each case in connection with the specifically used terminal device. However, this does not mean that you can be directly identified.
In addition, we use temporary cookies that are stored on your end device for a specified period of time to optimise user-friendliness. If you visit our website again to use our services, it will automatically recognise that you have already visited and what entries and settings you have made so that you do not have to enter them again.
The data processed by cookies is required for the aforementioned purposes in order to protect our legitimate interests and those of third parties pursuant to Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. f) GDPR.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies. However, you can configure your browser so that no cookies are stored on your computer or so that a message always appears before a new cookie is created. However, the complete deactivation of cookies can lead to your being unable to use all functions of our website.
List of cookies used on www.ibfellows.de:
- cookie_notice_accepted (provider: internal, purpose: pop-up to click the cookie notice, expiry: 1 month)
- pll_language (provider: internal, purpose: selection of preferred or last text language, expiry: 1 year)
5. Rights of data subjects
You have the right:
- in accordance with Art. 15 GDPR, to obtain information about your personal data processed by us. In particular, you may request information about the purposes of the processing; the category of personal data concerned; the recipients or categories of recipients to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed; the envisaged period for which personal data will be stored; the existence of the right to request rectification, erasure, restriction of processing or to object to such processing; the right to lodge a complaint; the source of the personal data, where the data has not been collected by us; and the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling and, where applicable, meaningful information about the logic involved;
- in accordance with Art. 16 GDPR, to demand immediate rectification of inaccurate personal data or completion of incomplete personal data stored with us;
- in accordance with Art. 17 GDPR, to demand the erasure of personal data stored with us, unless the processing is necessary for exercising the right to freedom of expression and information; for compliance with a legal obligation; for reasons of public interest; or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- in accordance with Art. 18 GDPR, to demand the restriction of processing of personal data if you contest the accuracy of the personal data; the processing of the personal data is unlawful, but you oppose its erasure; we no longer need the data, but you require it for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims; or you have objected to processing in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR;
- in accordance with Art. 20 GDPR, to receive the personal data you have provided in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to demand transmission to another responsible party;
- in accordance with Art. 7 para. 3 GDPR, to withdraw your consent at any time. As a result, we will no longer be permitted to continue processing data based on the original consent; and
- in accordance with Art. 77 GDPR, to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. As a rule, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority in your state of habitual residence, place of work or the place of our registered office.
6. Right to object
If your personal data are processed on the basis of legitimate interests pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f) GDPR, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR, provided that there are grounds relating to your particular situation or if the objection is directed against direct marketing. In the latter case, you have a general right to object, which we will implement irrespective of the particular situation.
If you wish to exercise your right to withdraw consent or object to processing, simply send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Data security
We use the most common SSL (Secure Socket Layer) method for data security in connection with the highest level of encryption supported by your browser. Usually this is a 256-bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we instead use 128-bit v3 technology. Whether a single page of our website is transmitted in encrypted form is indicated by the closed display of the key or lock symbol in the lower status bar of your browser. We also use suitable technical and organisational security measures to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction or unauthorised access by third parties. Our data security measures are continuously updated in line with technological developments.
8. Validity and changes to this data protection declaration
This data protection declaration is valid as of May 2018. Future developments of our website and offerings or changes in legal or official requirements may necessitate subsequent changes to this data protection declaration.